Corporate Secretarial Services
Dorion Associates are practicing Corporate Secretaries whose services include corporate incorporations and company secretarial services to the fullest extent possible. This will include acting as company secretary as per the requirements of the Company’s Act (Cap 486 of the Laws of Kenya) and in compliance with other relevant Legislations such as the Certified Public secretaries Act (Cap 534 of the Laws of Kenya). This will also entail providing general guidance to the Board on the Company’s “license to operate” in compliance with all applicable laws and Regulatory framework and providing advice to the Board on corporate
guidance; trends and best practices and implementing/and or making recommendations on implementing the same.
Corporate Secretarial work is highly technical and requires governance professionals who act as the key driver for corporate Governance within the organization. Our corporate secretarial services include;
• Acting as your company secretary as per the requirements of the Company’s Act and in compliance with all other relevant Legislations such as the Certified Public secretaries Act (Cap 534 of the Laws of Kenya) and the Capital Markets Act (Cap 485 A of the laws of Kenya).
• In consultation with the Chairman and Managing Director, issuing of notices for all Board and Committee meetings, statutory notices and statements as may be required under any Regulatory framework, issuing of notices for all Annual General meetings and Extraordinary General meetings as may be required from time to time.
• Providing general guidance to the Board on the Company’s “license to operate” in compliance with all applicable laws and Regulatory framework.
• Providing advice to the Board on corporate guidance trends and best practices and implementing/and or making recommendations on implementing the same.
• Corporate Governance Trainings and Directors inductions.
• Ensuring Board evaluations and spearheading recommendations thereof
• Ensuring the preparation and approval of Annual Board work plans and
• Maintaining statutory records such as register of mortgages and charges, directors interests and minute books, register of directors’ and shareholders’;
• Attending meetings and acting as the custodian of the common seal of the company;
• Ensuring proper preparation of Board papers by relevant Parties.
• Preparation of minutes of Board meetings, committee meetings and General meetings and having the same approved by the relevant governance organ
• Completion and submission of the Annual Return to the Registrar of
• Advising the Board and effecting any required changes in directorships,
change of registered office, change of company’s name etc;
• Managing any required alteration to the Memorandum and Articles of
• Managing any restructuring of share capital;
• Carry out any required company searches from information held by the
Registrar of Companies;
• Registration of business names, companies, trusts, societies and all forms of organizations.